October 22, 2012

News Nails

 Today is Manicure Monday! It is nice to be back in blogging from almost 4 days of being confined to bed because of sick. I have missed many things to do because of that and one of those is updating this blog! But thank God nothing fatal has happened and I feel well now. Back to Manicure Monday, this week’s nails are a recreation of newspaper nails. Since I didn't find any newspaper when doing it, I decided to use an old encyclopedia, which I ask permission with my boyfriend’s sister first since it was their property and not mine. And I’ll still call this news nails since it also bears information.

 To do this, you will need the following: An alcohol (Preferably 70% Solution), a white nail polish, a top coat, and a newspaper or a book in my case.

 First, paint all your nails white. I have used OMG Nail Polish in White Out here.

 Then, in a container, add a few drops of alcohol and dip your nails on it. You can also drop it directly in your nails. Be sure to cover the whole nail.

 Next, quickly pat on a small portion of the page on your nails before the alcohol gets dry. Press and hold it tight for 10 seconds. I ask help from my sister here so I can take a picture of it with my other hand, but you can always do it yourself! Thanks as always Ate Enei! ♥ (Sorry for the wrong camera focus! ;D)

 Peel off the page and Tadaaaa! you have transferred the print  on your white nails!

 Do the same steps with the rest of your nails. I suggest using a 70% solution alcohol so the print will be clearly visible. Don't forget to add your top coat to seal in your design and have a beautiful shine!

I am thinking of cutting my nails short after making this manicure. You will see  what I have decided next Monday. :)
 I would love to hear your comments about this post so be sure to leave one in the comment box below. Follow me on Twitter @28allicsirp 

28 comments:

Jen said...

I did this last year and I loved it! I did find it hard to get the newspaper print onto my nails though. Yours look gorgeous! Bet you'll have heaps of people asking how you did it :)

Unknown said...

Hey this is some cool nail stuff, will surely try it out.
Check out my new post http://memypendown.blogspot.in/2012/10/college-trip-to-rural-india-me-color-pop.html
much love.x

Unknown said...

Omg!!!! Gorgeous idea!!!!! Love this nails!!!
Kisses
Francy&Stef
chicwiththeleast.blogspot.it

Mary-Grace said...

Thats a Great idea dear!!!!
nice Nail design
kisses

Diana Marks said...

such a cool manicure!
Please, like my Facebook page ;)
LA By Diana Live Magazine FACEBOOK

Calita Hin said...

i actually have tried this once but didn't succeed xD
thanks for sharing btw :)

http://calitahin.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

hoy, I will surely try it out :]
xo xo

Unknown said...

Cool! Have a lovely Monday.
Best wishes Molly

ThefashionFlite said...

wow, i wanna try it now, thanks for sharing !
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin


Trudie Boe said...

wow this is too good... why are you creative.. incredible!!

Anonymous said...

What a great tutorial, the nails look lovely! Can't wait to give these nails a try :)

Puzia . said...

cute ♥♥

Hey Monkey Butt said...

OoOoOo I've done these before it also looks really good on a grey nail. :) Happy Monday! I'm planning to do candy corn with mine. So excited!

Agnes W said...

Very nice! You are so creative! I can't wait to try this!

http://infinitehouseofillusions.blogspot.com/

Justyna said...

creative!

sara.fashionocean said...

WOW really stunning.

sarafashionocean.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very cute...
kiss
Francy

makeupposa.blogspot.com

Julye said...

so cool !!!!

Carmen said...

Such cute nails!!

Carmen Ri.

Jeeda said...

so creative love this idea...

http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love this, I have done it a while ago and I will still do it again.
Everybody keep telling how amazing it was.

Kathryn and Rita said...

what a cool manicure!!

Μαρία Έλενα said...

Great photos
Kisses ...

Unknown said...

I've done this before, if you use alcohol instead of water, the print is brighter

Lauren,
Laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

xx

Eva said...

Clever idea for a nail art. Will definitely try that some time. :)

xoxo
Eva
Whatever Eva

Arleene said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Would you like to follow
Eachother? Let me know if you do and i will follow back

:)
Xo
Arleene

Nikkisho said...

It really turned out good. Cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Debomy said...

interesting!!i'll try that next time!!