October 16, 2012

Fashion Revamp: T-shirt to Tank Top

Scissors has been my best friend ever since. Why? Because I always have a heart for crafts. Anything artistic related in cutting really interests me.  I remember getting high grades in arts during elementary and high school because of my habit of cutting out papers. Until now that I am full grown-up, I still attached in this habit of cutting out almost anything that I want to get in my scissor’s teeth. One evidence is today’s revamped shirt, cut out to make it a tank top.

I got this t-shirt almost 5 years ago as an exchange gift back in our 4th year high school Christmas party. It was one shirt that I won’t mind to let go in case this experiment doesn't end up great because a far from being old, it got some stain in lower center part. Yes, you've heard this was an experiment. I haven’t sure of doing this and I just give it a try. It turned out pretty good so I think I could give it another try next time! All you need is a shirt, a scissor and a tie or even a remnant of clothes just like what I use.

Cut out the neckline of your shirt followed by the sleeves. Cut outside of the sleeve lines. Imagine the shape of a sando when doing this part.

Get a tie or a remnant of cloth. The one I am using here is a ribbon from one of my top. Tie the back part of the shirt just as shown in the picture below.

And that's it! Your new tank top is ready! It just took me 3 minutes to do this. Easy right?

Time to fit it of course! I am not really wearing sleeves tops because I personally don't like what my shoulder and arms looks like when wearing it so. #inferioritycomplex

 Just in case you're like me that wants to look great in a tank top, it'll depend on how toned your arms are! I found the image below just this morning that rings my mind for a right timing because I am posting this DIY Tank Top tutorial! To help shape your arms for pretty sleeveless tops, try the following exercises! 

This image is not mine. Credits to the owner.

I want to hear your comment about this post so be sure to leave a comment below! Follow me on Twitter @28allicsirp! <3

42 comments:

Mariapia said...

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow...

IT'S A M A Z I N G ... Congratulation!!!

XoXo

New Post-> http://www.modidimoda-mapi.blogspot.it/2012/10/things-i-love.html

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

Such a great DIY

Jen27 said...

What a cute and easy update! Very creative and looks great :)

-Jen

www.vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com

Justyna said...

great look!

Anna said...

Looks great!! i might try that :)
Thanks for commenting in my blog <3

Your blog is amazing! xx

Maita* said...

tried this out a while back, worked like a charm ;)

http://www.icecoldmaitai.blogspot.com
xx

Alexandra said...

Great tips! Will have to give this a try with some of my ratty T's!

Alexandra xo

tovogueorbust.com

ZielynskaUpcycling said...

Fast, easy but so effective change:)!

allergic to vanilla said...

I remember Esprit! Love the transformation! You are super crafty.

xo Carlina
www.AllergicToVanilla.com

Lilith-Joutsen.com said...

SUPER COOL DO IT YOURSELF !

& thanks for your comment :)


xx,
*http://like-a-good-old-fashion-nightmare.blogspot.com


.

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

So clever and looks great! x

Sherlyn Manahan Jarlega said...

love it:) nice blog :)

Mina Masotina said...

Cool idea, girl :) xoxo, Mina.
Il mio blog: The Style Fever

Mi vestido de lentejuelas said...

Really good idea!!!thank you for sharing!
Kisses

sharpenstyle said...

Thanks for the comment and stopping by our blog, we appreciate it!
We looooove DIY, in fact, we have one of our own on our past post!! We´re definetively gonna try this one, we´ll let you know how it goes! =)
Would you like to follow on GFC and bloglovin?? Let us know!
KISSES
NEW POST ON: http://sharpenstyle.blogspot.com.es/

jessica-anne said...

That's such a cool idea! I'm already thinking of what t-shirts I can try this with :D

Pop by and visit my blog Taken By Surprise! xx

mirjam schuurkamp said...

oh that seems really cool!! <3
good idea

New outfit post - it's wildfox baby
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

randy said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com

Jessi said...

Looks so easy and turned out really cute! Love the back. Nice DIY!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

The Garage Starlets said...

Great idea! Bravo

xoxo


http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

Ceciliette said...

i'll better get in that workout ASAP!

blondebenedicte said...

thanks! x
have a nice week-end dear!
bisous x

Carolyna's world said...

awesome idea girl :-)

Fashion and Tea Maniac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fashion and Tea Maniac said...

That looks great! Have to try it out:D
x

Julye said...

Such a cute DIY!!

Unknown said...

i love!!!
im following u right now.
Want to follow me?
Kisses

Inés said...

Wow! So easy yet so wonderful! I'm trying it!
I'd love to know what you think about my new post, Priscilla!...
A big hug!

Inés
SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Ænne said...

Great DIY!!

Kisses Anne
http://annenobody.blogspot.de/

Lolita in the Mix said...

Awesome DIY!!

-xoxo- lorena

http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

Jardin de la Mode said...

very creative, love the idea!! xxx

OanaC said...

WOW VERY GREAT ,I love it

Laura said...

Great idea !!
Kisses.

Unknown said...

Great post, dear.

Love this look!!!

Happy Weekend,

Nicoleta

www.nicoleta.me

Coquelicot said...

great post!!
thanks for your comment :)
xoxo

http://meetmeonthestars.blogspot.com.es/

amber.thegirlone said...

cute idea! great dyi.

xo,
amb

http://amberthegirlone.blogspot.com/

stylefrontier said...

cute diy idea!

xoxo
style frontier

Bodil Loïs Huisman said...

Wauw, the result is great.
Amazing DIY!!

LOVE BO,
PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

Subham Rai said...

Amazing DIY ! Will try for sure !
Followed you in google as well as
bloglovin , hope you follow back !
Http://ilovemonsta.blogspot.com

songbird said...

That is just really good and so creative! I am SO trying this. And those tips are also great. This post is so helpful!
-Your new follower :)

Sylvia said...

Great DIY project! I love the way it turned out :)

slealea said...

my explanation best replica bags online look here replica gucci Look At This have a peek at this web-site